Table of Contents
15 Fitness Tips for Women
Ladies, you want to get fit, lose a few pounds and tone that body! Doing this does not have to be a challenge! You can be successful in your fitness journey and I'm here to share some simple fitness tips to get you started and keep you on the right track!
1. Don't Give Up: Staying fit is not easy work, if it was you would already be fit. It will take time to see results but if you remember to never give up and keep doing your best, you will be successful!
2. Lift Weights: Women often shy away from lifting weight with the irrational fear that they will be become bulky. This is simply not true. If you lift weight you will reap tremendous benefits including building firm, toned muscles. Strength training also becomes more important as you age. Research has shown that it can help strengthen bones! Building these lean muscles also boosts the metabolism, burns more calories and decreases fat!
Related: Why Women Need to Lift Weights
3. Strengthen Your Core: Pay attention to that mid section, this area is often a problem area for a lot of women. Any well rounded fitness program should spend time covering the core. Benefits of core exercises include improving balance and stability. It will also help you avoid injuries and back pain.
Related: How to Lose Belly Fat and Get a Flatter Stomach
4. Practice Yoga: Yoga has enormous health benefits and regardless of your fitness level there is a yoga style that will help you get closer to your fitness goals. It will improve you flexibility, work your core, and tone your body. Not only that but it can decrease your stress levels and help clear your mind.
Related: Yoga Styles for Beginners Guide
5. Balance Your Fitness: While you may be tempted to focus on your body's problem areas, be sure that what ever fitness routine you are doing that it is well balanced. You shouldn't focus just on cardio or just strength training or yoga. Do a little bit of everything. You can alternate workouts through your week.
6. Don't Make Comparisons: Everyone is at a different chapter of their fitness journey. Don't compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter 20. Focus on you and your workouts. As long as you are doing your very best that's all that matters. Also, people have different body types. Some people are naturally thin while other's struggle with weight loss. Comparing yourself to others will only demotivate you. So keep the focus on you and take it one day at a time. Before you know it, you'll reach your fitness goals!
7. Get a Exercise Buddy: Doing things by yourself can be hard to stay motivated and get get lonely. If you find a friend or family member that can workout with you you will be more likely to stay on track. Exercising together will give you someone to help keep you accountable and have fun at the same time.
8. Just Move: No workout is too small or insignificant and regardless of how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! If it's been a while since you've worked out, start small by simply going on walks. Moving your body will help burn calories. Simply being consistent with your exercises will cause the effects to add up over time.
9. Take A Pic: Taking a picture before you get started with your fitness routine will help you track your progress along the way. Another helpful thing is to take measurements of your waist, hips and thighs. This way you can track your progress easily. While you might not notice some changes in your body in the first few weeks, having these measurements will give you a reference point.
10: Don't Rush: You might be eager to get fit but don't rush things and start off too hard. Fitness takes time and there may be ups and downs along the way. Results will take time and you should be prepared to be patient.
11. Breakfast: breakfast might just be the most important meal of the day so make sure that you start your day off with a nutritious breakfast. Skipping breakfast is not a good idea and will lead you to becoming more hungry later in the day. It will also cause you to have cravings.
12. No Meal Skipping: If you skip meals you will cause your body to go hungry and then when you start eating you are more likely to over eat. In fact, to keep blood sugar levels stable it's best to have 6 small, well balanced meals rather than 3 large meals a day.
13.Chew Your Food: Some people scarf down food so quickly by the time you finish you find yourself feeling stuffed. Not chewing food properly can cause you to over eat quickly. Chewing food gives your brain enough time to realize it's full before you over eat. It will also make it easier for your stomach to digest.
14. Drink Healthy Caffeine: Drinking healthy caffeine can help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism and increasing your body's ability to burn fat. But be carful because the wrong sources of caffeine can be hazardous to your health.
Related: Best Sources of Caffeine for Weight Loss
15. Avoid Sugar: Sugar can be tricky, it can cause you to retain fat and gain weight. Sugar can also cause overeating and nasty sugar and carb cravings that can get impossible to control. Not to mention it's also addictive! A sugar detox can be a great way to kick start a healthy fitness routine.
I hop that these simple fitness and weight loss tip are helpful for you on your fitness journey. While everyone has their ups and downs you will have time where you will feel like giving up. The important thing is not to give into these negative thoughts. If you ever feel like quitting remember that you did work so hard and come so far to only get this far! You can do it, I believe in you!
Share your comments & questions!